An item on the Observer’s front page Thursday said Donald Trump’s Republican rivals “are desperate for a game-changing moment in tonight’s debate.”
I have some ideas of what that moment could be. Perhaps Trump will tell a Republican crowd:
▪ That Republican President George W. Bush lied when he said there were weapons of mass destruction in Iraq when he knew there weren’t.
▪ That 9/11 happened while Bush was president and that he did not keep America safe.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Charlotte Observer
▪ That President Bush made “a beauty” of a mistake by going into Iraq.
▪ That Planned Parenthood does wonderful things.
▪ That he supports eminent domain very strongly.
▪ That he will save Social Security by eliminating “waste, fraud and abuse.”
▪ That another candidate threatened to take his pants off and moon everyone.
▪ That they are nothing but a bunch of Washington lobbyists.
▪ That he was the only one who warned not to go to war in Iraq, even though there’s no record of him saying that.
Oh wait. He said all those things in the Feb. 13 debate in Greenville, S.C. He went on to win South Carolina and Nevada easily. So what game-changing moment could there possibly be tonight? – Taylor Batten