▪ The Hornets got back center Al Jefferson, who missed Friday’s victory over the Chicago Bulls with a sprained right knee. Jefferson started against his former team, the Utah Jazz, and was not under a minutes restriction.
▪ The Hornets played without starting power forward Cody Zeller, still out with a sprained right shoulder. Coach Steve Clifford said he doubts Zeller will play Tuesday at the Los Angeles Clippers. As of Monday, Zeller still couldn’t raise his arm high enough to shoot.
▪ The Hornets this season are basically Jazz East; three current starters – Jefferson, Mo Williams and Marvin Williams – all played for Utah together.
▪ The big open question for the Hornets is when Clifford moves point guard Kemba Walker back into the starting lineup. It’s a reasonable guess that will happen sometime during this five-game road trip.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ The Hornets flew to Utah early Sunday in order to practice in altitude. Clifford always tries to do that before games in Denver and Salt Lake City.