▪ Sometimes it’s forgotten how accomplished original Hornet Muggsy Bogues was in 10 NBA seasons here: Kemba Walker has totaled 2,409 assists in six-plus seasons in Charlotte; Bogues has more than double that (5,557) as still the franchise’s career assist leader. Walker is slightly more than 100 assists from passing Raymond Felton for second on that franchise list.
▪ Assuming Cody Zeller and Treveon Graham both play against the Orlando Magic Sunday, the next Charlotte Hornet to return from injury should be Michael Carter-Williams, who has yet to play this season with soreness in both knees.
▪ Point guard Carter-Williams fully practiced Saturday, but based on coach Steve Clifford’s recent comments, it will be a while before Carter-Williams is in game shape, after not playing since last season.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Charlotte Observer
▪ Walker is averaging 35.8 minutes in his first five games, 13th in the NBA. With seven games in the next 13 days – five of those on the road – that’s a lot of mileage. For now, rookie Malik Monk is the backup point guard.
▪ Jeremy Lamb has scored 15 or more points in each of his first five games this season, 20 versus the Rockets Friday. To place that in context, Lamb reached 15 points a total of 11 times last season.