The dates and times of first three games between the Hornets and Heat have been determined.
The sixth-seeded Hornets will travel to third-seeded Miami for a match Sunday at 5:30 p.m. That game will be broadcast nationally on TNT.
The second contest will be broadcast on NBA TV and will be Wednesday at 7 p.m.
The series will then come to Charlotte for Game 3, which will be played Saturday, April 23 at 5:30 p.m. and broadcast on TNT.
Hornets forward Nic Batum, who averages 14.9 points per game, missed Wednesday night’s win against Orlando with a sprained left ankle. Charlotte coach Steve Clifford agreed that a Sunday start in the playoffs would be much better for Batum’s health than Saturday.
Game 4, and any other later games, are not yet determined.
▪ Game 1: Sunday, April 17. Charlotte at Miami. 5:30 p.m. TNT
▪ Game 2: Wednesday, April 20. Charlotte at Miami. 7 p.m. NBA TV
▪ Game 3: Saturday, April 23. Miami at Charlotte. 5:30 p.m. TNT
▪ Game 4: Monday, April 25. Miami at Charlotte. TBD. TBD
▪ Game 5*: Wednesday, April 27. Charlotte at Miami. TBD. TBD
▪ Game 6*: Friday, April 29. Miami at Charlotte. TBD. TBD
▪ Game 7*: Sunday, May 1. Charlotte at Miami. TBD. TBD
* -if necessary