The dates and times of first three games between the Hornets and Heat have been determined.
The sixth-seeded Hornets will travel to third-seeded Miami for a match Sunday at 5:30 p.m. That game will be broadcast nationally on TNT.
The second contest will be broadcast on NBA TV and will be Wednesday at 7 p.m.
The series will then come to Charlotte for Game 3, which will be played Saturday, April 23 at 5:30 p.m. and broadcast on TNT.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Charlotte Observer
Hornets forward Nic Batum, who averages 14.9 points per game, missed Wednesday night’s win against Orlando with a sprained left ankle. Charlotte coach Steve Clifford agreed that a Sunday start in the playoffs would be much better for Batum’s health than Saturday.
Game 4, and any other later games, are not yet determined.
▪ Game 1: Sunday, April 17. Charlotte at Miami. 5:30 p.m. TNT
▪ Game 2: Wednesday, April 20. Charlotte at Miami. 7 p.m. NBA TV
▪ Game 3: Saturday, April 23. Miami at Charlotte. 5:30 p.m. TNT
▪ Game 4: Monday, April 25. Miami at Charlotte. TBD. TBD
▪ Game 5*: Wednesday, April 27. Charlotte at Miami. TBD. TBD
▪ Game 6*: Friday, April 29. Miami at Charlotte. TBD. TBD
▪ Game 7*: Sunday, May 1. Charlotte at Miami. TBD. TBD
* -if necessary