• The Bobcats missed their first two shots Saturday, then made 11 in a row. Not sure when that last happened, but I bet it’s been a while.
• Robin Lopez a solid post defender, looked utterly baffled in the first quarter trying to counter Al Jefferson’s moves and ball fakes. Haven’t seen someone that flustered against Big Al since Alexis Ajinca showed up with the New Orleans Pelicans.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
• There was a Zumba demonstration at halftime, which went a bit longer than the players probably wanted. Luke Ridnour started dribbling around the fringes of several hundred women dancing. Took until about 3 1/2 minutes before the third quarter for all the dancers to clear the court.
• It was an odd first half for starting small forward Michael Kidd-Gilchrist. He got off to a fast start, making three of four shots, but only played 5 1/2 minutes.
• Speaking of Kidd-Gilchrist, he had a fourth-quarter tomahawk dunk that had everyone “oohing”
• Rufus and Co.: Stop exhorting fans to get into the wave. It’s over. (Or it should be.)