• The Bobcats crowd gave Miami Heat superstar LeBron James the J.J. Redick treatment – booing him every time he touched the ball.
• The Bobcats did a video montage during a timeout with a “soul” theme. As in for Josh McRoberts, “the soul to defend our basket.” I’m thinking Heat coach Erik Spoelstra would be on the other side of that.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Charlotte Observer
• A little staging problem when kids came out to dance between the first and second quarters. They all just stared at each other nervously when they never got the right cue.
• That $20,000 fine from the NBA, for the hard foul on James, sure seemed to raise Josh McRoberts’ energy level. Looked like a guy with a point to prove.
• There was a play in the second quarter where Michael Kidd-Gilchrist did precisely the right thing guarding James in the post. Blew up the play, and then James found Chris Anderson underneath the rim. James’ instincts as a passer are special.
• Bobcats coach Steve Clifford talked constantly last week about how it was imperative the Bobcats play mistake-free. That Gerald Henderson turnover, leading to three James free throws, late in the first half, epitomized what worried Clifford.