• The Hornets got back P.J. Hairston, who had missed the previous four games with a sprained right ankle. However Gary Neal couldn’t play due to a left shoulder sprain.
• Hornets coach Steve Clifford kept saying backup point guard Brian Roberts was playing well, he just wasn’t shooting well. That changed dramatically Wednesday when Roberts made his first six attempts from the field.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
• ) Team owner Michael Jordan took up his seat next to the team bench Wednesday. Jordan was in town for some of the community-service events the Hornets conducted around Thanksgiving.
• Excellent first half Wednesday in terms of turnovers, when the Hornets committed two to the Trail Blazers’ five. That was a big factor in the Hornets building an 11-point lead.
• Other strong indication of a good first half: Hornets outscored the Blazers in the lane 24-14.