• Former Davidson star Stephen Curry needed 75 tickets Friday to accommodate various friends and family for his once-a-season NBA game in Charlotte.
• Power forward Marvin Williams missed the Warriors game with a shoulder strain and will likely also miss Saturday’s game in Atlanta. That meant Cody Zeller made his first start of the season, backed up by Jason Maxiell.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
• The earliest Michael Kidd-Gilchrist might play, after being diagnosed with a stress reaction in his right foot, is Wednesday against the Chicago Bulls and that’s likely optimistic. Kidd-Gilchrist is currently cleared only to work out in the swimming pool and some stationary shooting. He’s not allowed to jump yet.
• Hornets coach Steve Clifford drew his first technical foul of the season in the first quarter Friday. It was the Hornets’ sixth technical of the season, compared to nine by their opponents.
• The Hornets gave up five offensive rebounds to the Warriors in the first quarter. That’s the sort of breakdown they can’t afford.