The Charlotte Observer and The Center for Responsive Politics just released the top N.C. campaign donors. This list only includes contributions that report to the Federal Election Committee.
– Total money given by N.C. residents in 2014 include $33.1 million. $1.98 million was given by top 10 donors.
– $19 million was given to Republicans, $11.9 million to Democrats and $2.2 million to other.
– Latest Hagan vs Tillis race spend was an estimated $116 million.
(1) Robert Luddy, Raleigh
(2) John C. Whitaker Jr., Winston-Salem
(3) John and Virginia Sall, Cary
(4) David Cohen, Charlotte
Total donations: $215,200
(5) Dave, Katherine Phillips, High Point
Total donations: $205,300
(6) Jim Goodnight, Cary
Total donations: $183,000
(7) Neil and Bridget Bender, Wilmington
Total donations: $165,400
(8) Louis DeJoy, Greensboro
Total donations: $144,800
(9) Bob Page, Greensboro
Total donations: $107,400
(10) Jim and Mary Anne Rogers, Charlotte
Total donations: $105,000
If you’re interested in this type of political stuff, check out Jim Morrill’s story and analysis on the Charlotte Observer. It’s well done.
Photo: John D. Simmons / Charlotte Observer