You feeling the money, Charlotte? You should be. According to data-crunching="crunching" website FindTheBest.com, Charlotte is the 11th richest big city in America.
— NC Political Beat (@NCPoliticalBeat) November 22, 2012
– That stat is based on the percentage of folks earning at least $150K.
– 10.8% of our population makes at least $150K
– Nearly 40% have a bachelor’s degree
– San Fran is wealthiest city
The proof is in our CEOs
We believe it. Just check out these recent big-money moves:
– Family Dollar CEO Howard Levine could make a cool $152.2 million in a few weeks. He plans to sell 1 million to 2 million shares of his FDO stock. (If you recall, Family Dollar just got sold to Dollar Tree in an $8.5 billion deal.) That’s a lot o’ dollars!
— Erik Spanberg (@CBJspanberg) January 29, 2015
– Bank of America CEO Brian Moynihan was just named one of the 5 most expensive CEOs to fly around. Congrats! Fortune Magazine reported that Moynihan racked up $448,251 in corporate jet use in fiscal 2013. That’s some sweet frequent flyer miles.
— Deirdre Fernandes (@fernandesglobe) January 28, 2015
We think C5 would look nice in a corporate jet.
Photo: John D. Simmons / Charlotte Observer