Construction is humming along South End, with apartments, grocery stores and maybe even more headed its way.
– The Pepsi Bottling building at New Bern Street and South Blvd is on the market. The 5.2- acre property is right along the Blue Line and would change the face of South End if developed.
– Across South Blvd from Pepsi, Harris Teeter is set to start construction on a $190 million mixed-use development.
– And just down South Blvd, Publix is finishing up and is set to open later this year.
When South Blvd has a Publix and Harris Teeter a block from each other cars will enter a traffic black hole within that mile radius.
— David Turner (@_davidturner_) September 30, 2014
– Camden Southline Apartments will also open this year, complete with pet spa and dog park.
— Camden South End (@CamdenSouthEnd) January 31, 2015
– Terwilliger Pappas is eyeing land at South Blvd and Remount Road for more apartments.
– At least 10 more apartment complexes are in the works or about to be.
One request: There needs to be another coffee shop in South End, ideally right on South. (Although let’s give props to Not Just Coffee in Atherton Mills.) Perhaps a future spot where Amelie’s can relocate since it’s gotten booted from its uptown perch?
— Amélie’s NoDa (@AmeliesBakery) January 29, 2015
Photos: Mark Hames & Bert Fox / Charlotte Observer