Harris Teeter has announced plans to expand its already freakin’ big store in Cotswold. If approved by the city, look for a second story with a wine bar, Starbucks kiosk and outside seating area. It will grow to 58,000 square feet.
Combine that news with the fact that Publix plans to open right across the street in 2016 with a 46,000-square-foot store, and one of the city’s most congested areas will only get worse.
Nevertheless, we will soldier on. Here are 6 reasons we love/hate the intersection of Randolph Road and Sharon Amity:
(1) We love the Krispy Kreme. It’s the No. 1 reason to brave the traffic. We hate how hard it is to get into that Krispy Kreme. The only clean way in is if you’re headed west on Sharon Amity. Otherwise you have to wind through the backs of shopping strip malls.
— Dion Lim (@DionLimWTSP) September 28, 2012
(2) We love Chick fil A. Yes, we love it. Especially with extra pickles. We hate how traffic for the drive-through for Chick fil A spills onto Randolph Road. If you’re going to Chick fil A, you pray you won’t get rear-ended by oncoming traffic. If you’re driving past the Chick fil A, you pray you won’t rear end somebody idling in the right lane.
(3) We love the vets/Pet Hotel at the Pet Smart. Good people. We also love the Toys and Company. So much fun.
— Imani (@imanimarie) January 16, 2015
(4) We love that there are six bank branches nearby — Bank of America, First Citizens, Fifth Third, South State, SunTrust and Wells Fargo. We hate that they are bank branches instead of something cooler.
(5) We love that you can eat a great meal for under $20 at the Improper Pig. We hate what a pain in the butt it is to park there – and just about everywhere else in that shopping center. That parking lot stinks. So many entrances and exits. Some rows are straight, others diagonal. Nightmare.
A photo posted by Tonya Russ Price (@poprockphotography) on Nov 19, 2014 at 10:29am PST
(6) We love the beer selection at the Harris Teeter. Of course, you need to drink all of that beer after dealing with that awful, awful parking lot.