(6) What has been one of your biggest disappointments as an athlete?
My biggest disappointment was letting that lifestyle slip away until one day I looked in the mirror I was 205 pounds and not living the life I wanted. I was tired, overweight and unhappy.
(7) What has been one of your greatest accomplishments as an athlete?
Coming back from that, losing 85 pounds and living the life I wanted for myself and my family.
(8) Favorite way to cross train? Yoga. I love it and wish I had more time for it.
(9) Who would you say is your “biggest fan” and why?
My family! My children, I love to see them live by my example and how they make choices in their own life. Eating well and being active is such a part of their life as well. My husband too…he has embraced this lifestyle and built his own new habits that has lead to a 40-pound weight loss that he maintains.
(10) What was the best advice you were ever given?
Make yourself happy first. Make time for yourself. When you are happy and healthy you can spread that to the people around you.
(11) Do you have a saying or motto that you live your life by?
Eat – Move – Live. It is a hashtag I use for social media and it really is what I live by #EatMoveLive. Eat – real food and nourish your body. Move – often and find things you like to do. Live – enjoy your life!
Answers lightly edited and photos courtesy of Cristina Gillespie.