What’s that I hear? The sounds of ice cream jingles from afar?
Today, you get to be a kid again. Uber Charlotte is bringing the #UberIceCream promotion to Charlotte by teaming up with local cool treats maven King of Pops CLT. (Sure, that’s not ice cream, but hey, we’re not snubbing delicious local pops.)
You can sign up to get ice cream delivered right to your doorstep, place of work or wherever your heart desires. Each order is $20 for 5 pops. (King of Pops pops are usually $3. So $1 extra for delivery? Sounds like a good deal.)
Fun fact: If you have a Capitol One card, your order is free! So time to round up your coworkers.
— Uber (@Uber) July 22, 2015
Here’s what to do:
- Open the Uber app between 11 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Along the bottom slider bar there will be a choice for ice cream. Slide the bar. Choose car.
- Cars will look like ice cream cones.
Uber loves promotions. A look back at past initiatives:
– UberMENTOR — #UberMENTOR came to the QC in March to bring professional advice to the masses. Influential businesswomen were “just a tap away” from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in uptown, giving away everything from resume advice to advice on negotiating a raise.
– UberSCHOOL — Last August, Uber held an #UberSCHOOL promotion in Charlotte. #UberSCHOOL collected school supplies for local students. Charlotte Hornets’ Michael Kidd-Gilchrist even helped out, taking photos and signing autographs.
— Hornets Social (@HornetsSocial) August 24, 2014
Ice cream during the workday? Yes. Just yes. Sounds like a great coworker bonding experience.