It’s here! The first episode of The Good News Is podcast launched today and we’re so excited to share it with you.
The Good News Is — presented by The Charlotte Observer and powered by OrthoCarolina — is a weekly podcast with a similar mission to what we do here at C5: To get you CharlotteSmart, fast with fun, interesting and useful news about the city.
It’s hosted by C5’s Corey Inscoe and Sarah Crosland and will come out every Thursday. You can follow the podcast on Twitter (@TheGoodNewsCLT) and like us on Facebook. You can also reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For our first episode, we talked to Observer development reporter Ely Portillo on what trends he’ll be watching in 2016. This guy is an expert in all things apartments, breweries and the growth of this city.
Want to read more about what we talked about in this episode? Here are some links:
– 3 Charlotte development trends to watch in 2016
– Rush of apartment openings will test Charlotte market in 2016
– In new Charlotte apartments, luxury is the rule
– Doc Porter’s distillery opens in South End today. Here’s what you need to know
– The Great Wagon Road leads to Charlotte-made whiskey
– Legion Brewing in Plaza Midwood
– Three Spirits Brewing
– Plans would transform a defunct mill near uptown into a food hall and creative offices
– Argos to refurbish West End cotton mill
– What eight years with a light rail tells us about planning for Charlotte’s future
– A bike trail across Charlotte? Details of the Cross Charlotte Trail
– Corey bikes to work
– Seven stops to make before dinner at Kindred in Davidson
– Chopt opens in Charlotte today
– Chicago sandwich shop (Potbelly) hopes to open at least 4 Charlotte locations
– Marriott bringing James Beard Award-winning chef (R.J. Cooper) to uptown Charlotte hotel
Photo: Jen Rothacker