The Seattle Seahawks come to Bank of America Stadium Sunday to play the hometown Carolina Panthers in the playoffs. It’s a big game.
The Panthers already beat the Seahawks this season, but this time more is on the line. It’s win-or-go-home time.
Seattle is a perfectly lovely city most days. But not this weekend. Nope. In support of the Panthers, we’re going to avoid all things Seattle. Join us.
(1) Avoid all things that remotely resemble the Space Needle.
Like The Shake Weight.
(2) Slowly … set the cup of Starbucks coffee down.
(3) No grunge at the tailgate.
Don’t use Pearl Jam or Nirvana or any of the classic grunge acts to get fired up in the parking lot.
Other artists to avoid:
– Jimi Hendrix
– Foo Fighters
– Macklemore (who calls it “Downtown,” anyway?)
– Sir Mix-A-Lot (no one wants “Baby Got Back” on repeat)
– Dave Matthews Band (Dave lives there now, according to Wikipedia)
– Kenny G (because we all know how a soprano sax can fire up the crowd)
(4) No “Grey’s Anatomy.”
Take one weekend off from that Netflix binge you’re on. (The show is set in Seattle.)
(5) No “Sleepless in Seattle.”
Choose another Meg Ryan/Tom Hanks movie. We recommend “You’ve Got Mail,” a reminder that AOL was the shiz back in the day.
Images: David T. Foster III/Charlotte Observer; Giphy.com