The 2016 Queen City Brewers Festival is coming Saturday, Feb. 6 to The Fillmore at the NC Music Factory. And you should go. And you should also come to the #C5Underground event at the festival. (More on that below!)
Top 5 Reasons to attend QCBF:
(1) It’s the day before the big game and you must wear your favorite team’s jersey in public.
(2) You love #CLTbeer, but despite best efforts, you haven’t made it past the breweries outside your ‘hood.
(3) You thrive on skills challenges that require aim and focus (e.g., volleying a tennis ball through a target; just put your tasting glass down first) for the chance to win great prizes.
(4) You agree that hot dogs (we’re talking about you, JJ’s), bites from Craft Growler Shop, Q Tavern’s mouthwatering pulled pork, delicious potato chips, savory peanuts and pretzels complement beer tasting.
(5) You would enjoy celebrating with 25 local breweries, sampling great food plus live music while benefiting an organization that serves children affected by autism in the Charlotte community.
The beer-drinking details
QCBF is ACEing Autism’s annual winter fundraiser, bringing together the Charlotte area’s craft breweries, brewpubs, craft-beer-focused restaurants, sponsors and enthusiasts to support ACEing Autism’s mission to serve more families in the Charlotte community affected by autism spectrum disorders.
Each brewery and exhibitor offers a variety of its beer and food for guests to sample in an intimate setting. Indulge in live music and interactive games during each of the two tasting sessions: 1-4 p.m. and 6-9 p.m.
The #C5Underground details
Before each session, C5 will be teaming up with BREWPUBLIK to bring you QCBF Backstage: The ultimate pre-party.
– Hanging out with us on the amphitheater stage an hour before the start of each session.
– Exclusive high-quality pours.
– JJ’s Red Hots serving complimentary dogs.
– Artwork, games, prizes!
RSVP for free now: We only have 100 spots available for each session.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You need to have a ticket to the QCBF in order to get into QCBF Backstage. This RSVP does not count as your ticket to QCBF. You can buy tickets for the festival here.
Photos: Courtesy of Queen City Brewers Festival