Dear risk takers, leaders, and questioners: We want you to come work with us. CharlotteFive is looking for a Sales Representative and Marketing Coordinator.
This isn’t your typical sales job and it’s not your average marketing role. We’re looking for someone who thrives in a creative environment, but who understands the importance of deadlines and details. We’re looking for someone who has a start-up “hustle” mentality, but is ready to work for the most established and leading media company in town. Oh, and we want someone who likes to have fun — because this job is pretty awesome, as you can tell from the video below.
Who you are:
– A HUNTER: You have a go get ’em attitude when it comes to selling the CharlotteFive product. You will be focused on both cultivating current client relationships and acquiring new clients (that means some cold calls). This isn’t a job for the faint of heart.
– An EVANGELIST: CharlotteFive is the best daily newsletter in Charlotte. It’s packed with useful, informative, and entertaining articles about Charlotte, and it’s crafted by the top editorial team in town. You get to spread this good news.
– An OWNER: The CharlotteFive brand will be your baby. You’ll be selling it, marketing it, and generally obsessed with it. We’re growing fast. You’ll need to have strong judgment and good instincts in order to make rapid decisions and take calculated risks.
What you’ll do:
– Identify and call on prospective new CharlotteFive newsletter sponsors/advertisers/partners
– Develop an understanding of the market and the product — and potential clients that are a fit
– Pursue and acquire clients for CharlotteFive sponsored content, advertising, and event sponsorships among other opportunities
– Lead planning and execution of sponsored CharlotteFive events including series and single events
– Collaborate with the CharlotteFive editorial and sponsored content development teams
What we’d like you to bring to the table:
– At least three years of sales experience; the ideal candidate has some marketing experience (the ultimate ideal candidate already has a strong Charlotte network)
– Bachelor’s degree
– Superb communication skills and a proven ability to acquire clients
– Proficiency in Google Web Tools, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Powerpoint (Bonus points for being active on social media)
– A positive attitude, an eagerness to work with a talented team, a desire to be innovative, and a willingness to go the extra mile
Think this sounds like you?
This is a full-time position and includes all the good stuff like a competitive salary, commission program, and comprehensive benefits package. Plus, not only would you be coming to work at the city’s leading media company, but you’d be doing it in our modern and brand-spanking-new offices at 550 South Caldwell St.
Photo: Mark Hames.