Who doesn’t love a good skyline photo? Starting today there’s a new place where you can snap that perfect skyline selfie in uptown Charlotte.
City Lights Rooftop Bar opens today on the 19th floor of Le Meridien Charlotte on South McDowell Street. And next door at the Sheraton, poolside bar Craft City Social Club also opens today.
I visited both during a media preview event Wednesday night.
First, let’s just take in these uptown views at City Lights.
Details on City Lights:
– Open daily 4 p.m. to midnight.
– Can hold 260 people, including two awesome C5 writers.
– It’ll serve craft cocktails, beer and a limited grilled menu. Oh, and King of Pops popsicles in sparkling beverages like Prosecco and Brut. Yup.
– This is the party bar of the two. DJ music thumped through the speakers and there were even two table-top dancers, one male and one female, which was … honestly kind of weird.
A video posted by CharlotteFive (@cltfive) on Jun 1, 2016 at 8:30pm PDT
Now over to Craft City.
Details on Craft City Social Club:
– Open 4-11 p.m. Monday-Saturday. Open for brunch 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Sunday.
– Can fit 200 people inside and outside.
– Described in a press release as “bridging the gap between outdoor poolscape and indoor adult playground.”
– There’s the pool (duh), a pool table, shuffleboard, big checkers, darts, foosball and private cabana rental.
– Drinks: Draft beer, cocktails and a Cask Barrel Program — liquors and infusions aged in barrels.
– Food: “Nuevo Latino cuisine” with dishes like Carnita Chicharron, Argentine Skirt Steak and Cuban sandwiches.
What do you think? Will these places be your new post-work hangout spots? Tweet us at @Charlotte_Five.
Featured photo: Corey Inscoe