Olde Mecklenburg Brewery is releasing their bourbon barrel aged Fat Boy Baltic Porter tomorrow (Saturday Jan 24) at 9am. Yes, 9am. It’s a breakfast release with a breakfast buffet. Tickets are $40 and include “one souvenir glass, breakfast buffet, one beer, and one BBA Fat Boy bottle.” You can buy a ticket from OMB’s online store.
— Olde Mecklenburg (@oldemeckbrew) January 22, 2015
3 months ago, I went to my friend Eamonn’s house for his son’s 2 year old pancake birthday party at 9:30am on a Saturday. I was expecting to eat a pancake in the corner as screaming kids ran around me. Gulp. As I was awkwardly standing in the kitchen, my buddy said “Ted, I’ve got NoDa’s Coco Loco porter on draft in my kegorator downstairs – want to get us some beers?” I had never tried a porter because they seemed too manly for me, but I was thirsty. The beer was outstanding with breakfast, things got slightly crazy and my wife was the one that instigated our departure from the 2 year old birthday party. Moral of the story: don’t be scared to drink a local porter with breakfast.
Do you like beer? Do you like Spring? Do you like drinking beer in the Spring?
(1) Queen City Brewers Festival: Saturday, January 31 – Buy Tickets
(2) Beertopia, A Festival of Beers: Saturday, March 7 – Buy Tickets
(3) Brawley’s Black and Blue VI – Saturday, March 14 – Sold Out
(4) All Ale to the Queen – Saturday, March 28- Buy Tickets
(5) Moo and Brew Fest – Saturday, April 11 – Buy Tickets
Photos: Todd Sumlin / Charlotte Observer