Often when I dream it is of two things: books and beer. This Saturday my dreams will come true when Guys with Ties – CLT hosts a “Where the Wild Things Are” party benefiting Promising Pages at Sugar Creek Brewing Company.
— Promising Pages (@PromisingPages) June 9, 2015
Five reasons to go:
(1) Day drinking — To paraphrase the poetic R. Kelly, it’s the freakin’ weekend and you’re about to have you some fun.
(2) Not just day drinking but day drinking for a cause — Sometimes day drinking can lead to feeling bad about yourself, but not when you’re supporting two amazing local non-profits. Every $20 ticket sold sponsors two at-risk children with necessary programming and 25 self-selected books for the coming school year.
(3) Free food — It’s free food provided by Vida Vida. Do we even need to taco (I mean, talk) about it?
— Vida Vida (@TheVidaVida) July 13, 2015
(4) Silent auction and raffle — It’s like gambling but even if you lose, your money helps provide books to kids. That is infinitely better than your dollars going to a slick, three-card Monte dealer.
Promising Pages’ group of interns, Team Read 2015, have been busy collecting more than 50 silent auction and raffle prizes, including: Hornets’ floor seats, Maui Jim sunglasses, Ruth’s Chris gift cards, wine and original art.
(5) The love of reading — Proceeds allow Promising Pages to continue its work of redistributing books that others have outgrown to the 60,000+ kids in Charlotte with few if any books at home.
Let the wild rumpus begin by buying your tickets here.
Photos by The Charlotte Observer.
Sosha Lewis soshallyawkward