Name: Rian Harris
Profession: Yoga Instructor
Favorite way to sweat/sport of choice: Yoga
(1) Soundtrack to your workout:
I normally just practice to the rhythm of my breath, but occasionally I’ll put together a soundtrack of upbeat music with a good mix of hip hop, house, alternative, 80’s, 90’s, etc.
(2) What is your diet like?
I do lots of green smoothies, fruits & veggies, & their fresh squeezed juices, beans & legumes, eggs sometimes, seafood at least 3-4 times a week, and red meat 1-2 times a week.
(3) What’s one food you can’t live without?
(4) How do you stay motivated to show up and train day in and day out?
I love what I do, so its easy! And everyday is different, so there’s always an eagerness to see what’s happening and shifting in my practice mentally, physically, and emotionally, from day to day.
(5) Were you always athletic growing up?
Yes! Mostly basketball, but I also played baseball, tennis, swam, and lifted weights.
(6) What has been one of your biggest disappointments as an athlete?
The amount of time its taken to correct the faulty habits that I’ve built up over a lifetime of sitting, standing, breathing, and moving without the level of awareness I have now.
(7) What would be your ultimate achievement?
Being more of service to those that I teach and lead through my thoughts, words, and actions.
(8) What was the best advice you were ever given?
Use your voice.
(9) Do you have a saying or motto that you live your life by?
“Expressing passion and gratitude will guide your life. Say it again and again. Say it until you believe it. Say it until you live it.” Melody Beattie-Journey To The Heart
Answers lightly edited and photos courtesy of Rian Harris.