Have you noticed how many Katies there are around town? I have. It’s getting a little out of hand.
I’ve resorted to using either last initials or descriptors like “Katie with the hair. You know.”
Of course there’s fellow C5 editor Katie Toussaint.
— Katie Toussaint (@katietoussaint) July 25, 2015
//><!--But there are several other prominent Katie’s around town, like://--><!
– WBTV Social Media Manager Katie McKiever.
– Charlotte Observer retail reporter Katie Peralta.
– Lake Norman Magazine editor Katie Coleman.
– Charlotte Agenda’s Katie Levans.
– Two Bottles Wine Co. founder Katy Hill (different spelling – still counts).
We want to celebrate the city’s Katies, so we decided to host the first C5 KatieCon. Here’s how it works:
– From 8-10 a.m. Thursday Katie and I will be at Rush Espresso in Brevard Court uptown.
A photo posted by CharlotteFive (@cltfive) on May 29, 2015 at 11:24am PDT
– If you can prove your name is Katie — or any variation: Kathryn, Kate, Catie, Katy, etc. — we’ll hook you up with a free CharlotteFive travel coffee mug! (Until we run out.)
– If you’re not named Katie, no worries — you can still come out and hang out with us at Rush. We’d love to talk with you about Charlotte or anything else (within reason).
Sound good? Let’s take some time to celebrate all of the awesome Katies in this city.
Corey Inscoe @CoreyInscoe