The two-year-old coworking hub Advent Coworking is about to double its size to 22,000 square feet, with two floors of coworking space. Construction will start on this phase in the coming weeks, with the address remaining the same at 933 Louise Ave. in the Belmont neighborhood.
While coworking is a members-based concept, Advent will be opening a yoga studio (with a yet-to-be-named concept by NC Yoga Bar) as well as a new location for a well-known coffee shop (to be announced!) that will be open to the public. Bonus: the coffee shop will also serve wine and beer.
Naturally, there will be special Advent member perks at both spots.
Advent also announced that the new expansion will include 26 offices ranging in size from micro-offices to eight person spaces, with four designated as discounted studio space options for local artists ($150-$250 per studio per month). The non-artist offices will be offered at $350-$750 per office per month.
One artist, John W. Love Jr., has already signed with Advent for studio space. Love was named a 2017 Guggenheim Fellow for fine arts.
Advent is already preselling offices, which will be ready for tenants by the end of Aug. 2018. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
Other changes coming to Advent:
- The construction of a state-of-the-art podcast studio.
- The conversion of the original podcast studio into a lounge and meeting space.
- The creation of studio space customized for videographers and photographers.
- The expansion of flex-desk workspace options (like more private phone booths), as well as showers and locker rooms for members.
- The opening of a new classroom for Tech Talent South.
- The conversion of the previous Tech Talent South classroom into a home for Podcast University and other offerings from the coworking company and Advent members.
The 933 Louise Ave. building (the former Kellogg plant) has also been renamed as HUB 933. Not only does it house Advent, but the building contains businesses like Codescape, Catawba Brewing, Lumberjax, OPEX Plaza Midwood and OSO Skate Park.
Featured photo courtesy of Advent Coworking