Cue the long lines and Instagram posts: Charlotte’s second location of the New York-based burger chain Shake Shack opens at 11 a.m. Tuesday in the Blakeney Shopping Center, 9824 Rea Road.
The new location, with 3,215 square feet of space, includes a covered patio with heating.
Five things to know before you line up:
1. Save time on the wait by downloading the Shake Shack app. It allows you to order ahead and scoot past the line to pick up your order. Warning: If you set a pickup time for popular time of day, like noon or 6 p.m., you may still run into wait times. It usually works best if you set your time well ahead of time, and aim for a slower time of day, like 11 a.m. or 2 p.m.
2. The menu will be the same, but the frozen-custard concretes will include a special flavor, the Shake-ney, with chocolate custard, marshmallow fluff, salted caramel and speculoos cookie crumbles.
3. The concrete lineup will also include the Pie Oh My, made with a slice of seasonal pie from Suarez Bakery in the Park Road Shopping Center. Five percent of the sales of the Pie Oh Mys will go to Loaves & Fishes, the nonprofit emergency-pantry organization.
4. You can order beer. The Blakeney location will feature Lenny Boy, Appalachian Mountain Brewery and Catawba Brewing Co.
5. If you missed getting a hat at the opening of the first Charlotte store in April, at Park Road Shopping Center, you have another chance: They’ll give them away to the first 100 people in line at the new location.