Waverly, a major mixed-use development in south Charlotte, on Thursday announced its first restaurants and a medical center that will open later this year
The 90-acre project by Crosland Southeast and Childress Klein has signed Bad Daddy’s Burger Bar, Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt and Novant Health, among other tenants. The development on Providence Road just south of Interstate 485 is also set to feature a Whole Foods grocery store opening in mid-2016, two midrise office towers, 375 Solis-brand upscale apartments and 150 single-family homes.
The development is directly across Providence from Charlotte Golf Links, which Lincoln Harris is planning to rezone and develop as another large-scale mixed-use complex.
Here’s what is slated to open at Waverly:
▪ Novant: A 23,000-square-foot medical facility with urgent care, family practice, pediatrics, physical therapy and other services. This will be in a 33,000-square-foot commercial building and is set to open in fall 2015. Novant is relocating its Providence Road facility to this location.
▪ Bad Daddy’s Burger Bar: A 4,300-square-foot restaurant.
▪ Novanta Pizzeria Napoletana: A 6,000-square-foot restaurant.
▪ Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt: A 1,500-square-foot restaurant.
▪ Modern Salon & Spa: A 2,500-square-foot store.
▪ Polished Nail Bar: Also a 2,500-square-foot store.
▪ Quail Dry Cleaners: A 938-square-foot store.