Five Charlotte-area companies made the Better Business Bureau of Southern Piedmont’s list of companies with the most unanswered customer complaints for the first half of the year.
“These five companies have made BBB’s list for unacceptable business practices,” said BBB President Tom Bartholomy. “When companies don’t respond to complaints, they usually don’t stay in business very long because consumers are checking businesses out in record numbers.”
BBB typically issues a “Dirty Half Dozen” list, but only five companies met its criteria this go-round. In total, these companies have 133 unanswered complaints in the first half of 2015.
Here are the companies on the list:
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ A Little Pink Boutique: This Cherryville-based children’s clothing store received 101 complaints in 2015 alleging it did not fulfill product orders or refund money. Of the 101, 77 are unanswered, according to BBB. Although A Little Pink Boutique said on its website it was closing June 30, BBB says it was still selling merchandise from its store by appointment. When the Observer tried to reach the company on Monday, its number had been disconnected.
▪ Little Tiny Waist: This Charlotte-based specialty lingerie products company received 61 complaints in 2015 alleging it did not fulfill product orders or provide refunds. Of the 61 complaints, 22 of these complaints are unanswered. A company spokesman could not be reached for comment.
▪ Barron, Gibson & Phillips: Debt collector Barron, Gibson & Phillips received 61 complaints alleging the company uses harassing and intimidating collection practices. Four complaints are unanswered in 2015, according to BBB. A company spokesman said this was untrue and that every complaint had been answered.
▪ Crawford’s Tree & Stump Grinding Service: This Belmont-based tree service received six complaints in the previous 36 months, and three of these were unanswered in 2015. When the Observer tried to reach the company on Monday, its number had been disconnected.
▪ Carolina VIP Dating: This dating service based in Fort Mill, S.C., has three unanswered complaints in 2015. Since 2000, Carolina VIP Dating has done business under 11 names and has had 51 total complaints filed against it. When the Observer tried to reach the company on Monday, its number had been disconnected.