FundingPost, a New York-based investment network, is hosting a venture event in Charlotte in the NC Music Factory on Nov. 5 that will feature a panel of investors including two from SierraMaya360, the firm that’s invested in local beer delivery startup Brewpublik.
The 5 p.m. event will feature a panel that discusses how to meet, pitch to and get funding from investors.
Twenty-five attendees also will have the option to pitch their business plans in one minute in front of the investor panel to get feedback. Following the presentations, the investors will vote and the winner will get meetings with the investors as well as semi-finalist status at FundingPost SXSW in Austin in March.
The event will take place at Industry Charlotte, 1000 NC Music Factory Blvd. Tickets are $65 for entrepreneurs, $75 for investors, and exhibitor tables are $300 and include two tickets. More information can be found at http://www.fundingpost.com/breakfast/reg1.asp?event=345. FundingPost says space is limited and tickets often sell out.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
The panel of investors includes:
▪ Amish Shah, managing partner of SierraMaya360
▪ John Brock, partner at SierraMaya360
▪ Kenneth Paulus, executive vice president of business development at Edison Nation Medical
▪ Abhishek Ratani, president at Red Ventures
▪ Don Rainey, partner at Grotech Ventures
▪ Gary McDermott, transactional attorney