We learned a lot about the 50 Charlotte-area companies recognized in our 2015 Top Workplaces program. Here’s a sampling of what employees said about where they work:
▪ “They care about everyone’s health and safety inside and outside of work.”
- Employee at Steelfab Inc., a supplier of fabricated structural steel
▪ “I do the same tasks differently every day. There is variety and in my job and it is never boring. I feel valued and an important member of the team. I also learn new things on a regular basis.”
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
- From Compass Group North America, a food service and support company.
▪ “I have the privilege to engage in life-changing work alongside the most dedicated group of people I’ve ever come to know. This is a place where respect abounds, fun is embraced, and creative ideas are cultivated into new practices.”
- From Urban Ministry Center, a nonprofit that provides homelessness services.
If you have the same impressions about your workplace, let us know.
The Observer is looking for the region’s best employers to feature in our special report, which will publish Sept. 25.
Any organization in the Charlotte metro area with 35 or more employees can become a Top Workplace.
Nominations can come from workplaces in this eight-county region: Cabarrus, Gaston, Iredell, Lincoln, Mecklenburg and Union in North Carolina, and Lancaster and York in South Carolina. Workplaces can be in the public, private, nonprofit or government sectors.
To conduct the survey, we’re teaming with WorkplaceDynamics, a research firm that conducts surveys for more than 40 newspapers, and surveyed nearly 2.5 million employees at more than 6,000 organizations last year.
WorkplaceDynamics will contact nominated businesses and ask to reach out to employees with a short, 22-question survey. Companies will be surveyed during March through May.
The nomination deadline for our 2016 report is April 15.
You can nominate your workplace at http://www.charlotteobserver.com/nominate or by calling 704-954-8760.