Here are some updated openings and closings for Wednesday:
▪ Charlotte Mecklenburg Library: All branches opened at noon.
Customers should check the library’s website for updates on potential changes to branch service hours.
▪ UNC Charlotte: All morning classes are canceled through 11:59 a.m. Classes will resume at noon.
▪ Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools: Closed.
Employees will report to work from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. if they can do so safely, CMS said.
The district’s after-school care program will be open 10 a.m.-4 p.m. as well. But other after-school activities and athletics are canceled.
▪ Charlotte trash collection: On regular schedule, although some delays may occur through Friday due to the weather.
▪ Mecklenburg County and city of Charlotte government offices: Open on a regular schedule.
▪ The Mint Museum: Closed, including its normally free hours of 5-9 p.m. A talk by landscape architect and artist Mikyoung Kim is canceled because she couldn’t get out of Boston due to the weather there. The museum hopes to reschedule Kim, who is the CATS Blue Line Extension artist.
▪ Concord public services: All solid waste services resumed Wednesday morning, with Waste Pro picking up residential garbage, recycling, and bulky waste on a one-day delay for the rest of the week. City crews plan to collect all yard waste at the curb by the end of the day Friday.
All Concord recreation centers opened Wednesday morning, and all parks were scehduled to open by noon. Rider Transit resumed service at 9:30 a.m. Wednesday.
▪ Newton parks and greenways: All are closed until weather conditions improve.
▪ Gaston County Schools. Closed. Employees will report on a three-hour delay.
▪ Iredell-Statesville Schools: Closed. Optional teacher workday on a three-hour delay.
▪ Mooresville Graded School District: Closed.
▪ Union County Schools: Closed. Optional teacher workday on a two-hour delay.
▪ Lincoln County Schools: Closed.
▪ Rowan-Salisbury Schools: Closed. Optional staff workday.
▪ Caldwell County Schools: Closed. Optional teacher workday.