Congestion and accidents continued to mount on Charlotte’s major roadways during Friday’s commute.
And a water main break in the 200 block of Providence Road near Colonial Avenue is fixed, reported the Observer’s news partner, WBTV, and the road was being patched.
At 8:40 a.m., here’s what was going on:
▪ Accident with injury on W. Brookshire Freeway at I-77 S.
▪ Disabled vehicle at E. Sugar Creek Road and The Plaza.
▪ Disabled vehicle at Freedom Drive and I-85 N.
▪ Accident on Johnston Road at Pineville-Matthews Road.
▪ Accident in the 2200 block of S. Tryon Street.
▪ Accident on E. Morehead Street at S. College Street.
▪ Accident on Albemarle Road at Reddman Road.
▪ Disabled vehicle at E. Sugar Creek Road at Eastway Drive.
▪ Accident on Providence Road at Oxford Place
▪ Accident on E. Fourth Street at S. McDowell Street in uptown Charlotte.
▪ Disabled vehicle on Old Statesville Road at Hambright Road.
▪ Accident on Mallard Creek Road at Prosperity Church Road.
▪ Congestion on I-85 N. between U.S. 29, Exit 58, and Dale Earnhardt Boulevard, Exit 60.
▪ Accident on Old Concord Road at N. Tryon Street.
▪ Congestion on I-77 S. between N.C. 73, Exit 25, and Gilead Road, Exit 23.
▪ Congestion on I-485 around Pineville.
▪ Congestion on U.S. 521 N. between S.C. 75/Waxhaw Highway and Marvin Road in Fort Mill, S.C.