Local

Electrical issue with neon sign causes south Charlotte shopping center fire

Movie theater fire near Pineville

Charlotte firefighters battled a fire at the AMC theater in the Carolina Pavilion shopping center Friday morning.
Up Next
Charlotte firefighters battled a fire at the AMC theater in the Carolina Pavilion shopping center Friday morning.

No injuries were reported in a fire at a south Charlotte shopping center Friday morning.

The fire occurred at the Carolina Pavilion Shopping Center on South Boulevard.

The Charlotte Fire Department tweeted about the incident around 9:45 a.m. Crews said smoke was showing from the building.

Crews said 31 firefighters controlled the fire within 17 minutes.

The fire appeared to have started on the roof of the AMC 22 movie theater. The fire was a result of a electrical issue with a neon sign, firefighters said.

The fire caused around $10,000 in damages, crews said.

  Comments