Easter Sunday will have a chilly start but should turn into a beautiful spring afternoon.
There is a 50 percent chance of scattered showers Friday night heading into the holiday weekend for the Charlotte area, according to the National Weather Service.
But any wet weather should be gone by around daybreak Saturday, meteorologist Andrew Kimball said. After that, the rest of the weekend should see sunny skies and seasonable daytime temperatures.
Saturday’s high will reach 64 and Sunday’s high will be about 65. Sunday morning will be brisk, however, in the mid-30s, Kimball said, before warming up later in the day.
Egg hunts and festivities
A sampling of egg hunts and festivities from the Charlotte area:
Historic Latta Plantation, 5225 Sample Road, Huntersville. 10 a.m.-4 p.m. Saturday. $6 per child; $6 per adult. Registration for the Easter Egg Hunt is closed, but participants can enjoy other Easter activities, including games and crafts. www.lattaplantation.org.
Lazy 5 Ranch, 15100 NC 150 East, Mooresville. All day Saturday. $8 per child; $11 per adult. www.lazy5ranch.com.
Carowinds, 14523 Carowinds Blvd., Charlotte. All day Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Normal admission; $41.99 online for a one-day ticket. www.carowinds.com.
Many churches will start Easter Sunday with outdoor sunrise services, weather permitting. Here are a few:
▪ Five Charlotte churches will hold a 6:30 a.m. Resurrection Sunday service at uptown’s Romare Bearden Park, 300 S. Church St. The churches: First Presbyterian, St. John’s Baptist, First United Presbyterian, Grier Heights Presbyterian and Caldwell Presbyterian.
▪ Myers Park United Methodist, 1501 Queens Road, will hold a 7 a.m. service at the columbarium.
▪ Avondale Presbyterian, 2821 Park Road, will start its service at 6:45 a.m.
▪ Bagpipes will play on the front lawn at 7 a.m. at Pineville United Methodist, 110 S. Polk St.
▪ Providence United Methodist will hold a 7 a.m. service in the memorial garden, 2810 Providence Road.
▪ In Huntersville, Asbury United Methodist, 11724 Asbury Chapel Road, will start its service at 7 a.m.