Local

NC family terrorized at dinner table by armed man. Here’s what he took.

Suspect in home invasion in Lincoln County.
Suspect in home invasion in Lincoln County.

A Lincolnton-area family was held hostage Saturday night during dinner by a masked man who kicked down their door and brandished a black handgun, according to the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office.

It happened around 7 p.m. Saturday at a home on Loop Road, about 45 miles northwest of Charlotte, officials said.

Marcus Montero told deputies he and his family were eating dinner when an unknown man entered the house, pointing a gun at everyone inside. The man then ordered the men in the house to place their wallets on the kitchen table. The suspect grabbed the wallets and ran out of the house.

When Montero heard the vehicle leave the residence, he went outside to see where the suspect went. He also noticed that the right front tire of his truck had been shot and was flat, investigators said.

Deputies found two shell casings near the truck. Investigators believe a second suspect was waiting in the escape vehicle.

The thief got away with more than $1,400 in cash and personal papers, officials said. The suspects fled the scene in a pickup truck, but the victims were unable to provide a description.

Detective Frank Runyon is continuing the investigation. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office at 704-732-9050, the Lincoln County Communications Center at 704-735-8202 or Lincolnton/Lincoln County Crime Stoppers at 704-736-8909. If your Crime Stoppers tip leads to an arrest you could receive a reward of up to $1,000, officials said.

  Comments