Local

100 evacuated from ice rink after ammonia leak

Approximately 100 people had to be evacuated from the Pineville Ice House after an ammonia leak, according to the Pineville Fire Department.

No one was reported injured.

The leak was reported around 8 p.m., at the ice skating rink on Town Centre Boulevard, according to firefighters.

According to the rink’s online schedule, the ice was open for free skating at the time.

Firefighters from Charlotte assisted the Pineville Fire Department.

Wootson: 704-358-5046;

Twitter: @CleveWootson

  Comments