Local

Charlotte forecast: Cloudy, cool on Wednesday

Charlotte will remain

cloudy and relatively cool

on Wednesday, with the greatest chance of rain late in the day, according to the National Weather Service office in Greenville-Spartanburg, S.C.

Wednesday’s high could reach only 63 and drop to 48 overnight.

The region has a 60 percent chance of rain by late in the day Wednesday and a 40 percent chance Wednesday night.

Thursday will warm by only a few degrees, with a high of 68 forecast, before the high drops Friday to an expected 66.

Thursday has only a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms and Friday only a 20 percent chance of rain.

Saturday and Sunday should see all sun, with more seasonable highs of 73 and 76 predicted.

Marusak: 704-358-5067;

Twitter: @jmarusak

  Comments