The Jeffrey Lee Williams Foundation, with a $29,000 grant from Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation, will donate 1,000 carbon monoxide alarms and 20 carbon monoxide air monitors to households and fire departments in the Columbia area.
A ceremony is scheduled with Gov. Nikki Haley Thursday at 2 p.m. at the S.C. State House. Jeffrey was 11 when he died of carbon monoxide poisoning at the Best Western in Boone in June 2013.
Two months earlier, Daryl and Shirley Jenkins died in the same room. Jeffrey’s family set up the foundation in his honor. Elizabeth Leland
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.