Keep up to date on the latest Hurricane Florence news from The Charlotte Observer and McClatchy newsrooms from across the Carolinas.
Besides our homepage and print paper, we offer you several options to get news about Florence. If you keep your phone or tablet charged during the storm, you’ll be able to stay informed with the latest developments.
▪ Get notifications on your mobile phone. We’ll send those as the storm moves through and let you know about tornadoes, flooding or other public safety emergencies.
If you don’t already have The Charlotte Observer app on your phone or tablet, get it here for an Apple device, or here if you have an Android. (You can also search for “The Charlotte Observer” in the Apple or Google Play stores.) Once you have the app, open it and go to the settings. Make sure your push alerts are enabled.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ Prefer to get your news through text messages? Sign up for them here.
▪ Sign up for breaking news emails and other newsletters. Go here for a wide range of newsletters, including morning and afternoon headlines from the Observer.
▪ Prefer to get your news in a print edition format? Find our e-edition, a replica of the print newspaper, here. You will also find expanded hurricane and other national news. You can also download our e-edition app here to read the replica edition on your iPad.
▪ Follow the Observer and our sister McClatchy papers in the Carolinas on Twitter: @theobserver, @newsobserver, @TheSunNews, @islandpacket, @thestate, @TheHerald_Sunand @RHHerald.