Here’s where to go for help during Hurricane Florence:
▪ To report a power outage or a power line problem, call Duke Energy at 800-POWER-ON (800-419-6356). Espanol: 866-4APAGON
▪ To request help from the fire department, police or MEDIC, dial 911. Also call 911 if you find a tree or limb blocking a street.
▪ If you smell natural gas or have a natural gas emergency, call Piedmont Natural Gas at 800-752-7504.
▪ To call Spectrum customer service, call 833-694-9259
▪ To reach Verizon customer service, call 800-922-0204. For AT&T: 800-331-0500. For T-Mobile: 800-866-2453. For Sprint: 888-211-4727
Other storm information
▪ For storm updates and other assistance, text “Florence” to 898211. This will allow you to receive updates on road conditions, gas availability trackers and a list of shelters. For help over the phone, you can also call 211.
▪ To get city of Charlotte emergency information by text message, text CHARMECK to 888777.