There were a number of accidents reported Friday morning in the Charlotte area.
But the traffic news of the day, the decade really, doesn’t officially begin until this afternoon.
That’s when the final leg of Interstate 485 will officially be completed, and will open for drivers soon after a 1 p.m. ceremony. The 5.7-mile segment connects N.C. 115 and Interstate 85 and completes the 67-mile circle around Charlotte. Its first section opened in 1990.
As of 8:40 a.m., here were the problem spots:
▪ Accident on E. Sugar Creek Road at N. Tryon Street.
▪ Accident on Rea Road at Ballantyne Commons Parkway.
▪ Accident on Browne Road at E. I-485 Inner.
▪ Accident on Kenilworth Avenue at East Boulevard.
▪ Disabled vehicle on Tyvola Road at Park Road.
▪ Accident in the 8900 block of Park Road near Arbor Pointe Drive.
▪ Accident in the 1200 block of East Boulevard near Kenilworth Avenue.
▪ Traffic light malfunction at Mount Holly-Huntersville Road and Mount Holly Road.
▪ Accident on W. Tyvola Road at S. Tryon Street.
▪ Accident on Sardis Road N. at Independence Boulevard.
▪ Accident on S. Tryon Street at W. Tyvola Road.
▪ Accident on Oakwood Hill Drive at W. W.T, Harris Boulevard.
▪ Accident on Pressley Road at Yancey Road.
▪ Accident on Eastway Drive at The Plaza.