Local

Rain likely in the Charlotte area Thursday

The Charlotte region has a 50-50 chance of precipitation Thursday afternoon, with the likelihood of showers and thunderstorms climbing to 70 percent Thursday night, according to the National Weather Service in Greenville-Spartanburg, S.C.

The high, meanwhile, will be a bit milder at 92, with highs falling into the high 80s through the weekend.

Friday can expect a 40 percent chance of thunderstorms, while Saturday and Sunday will be mostly sunny.

A 30 percent chance of thunderstorms is forecast for Monday, with the chance increasing to 40 percent Tuesday and then dropping back to 30 percent Wednesday. Highs are expected to remain in the upper 80s.

Joe Marusak: 704-358-5067, @jmarusak

  Comments