Local

4 rushed to hospital after possible carbon monoxide leak at SouthPark mall

At least four people were rushed to the hospital from SouthPark mall after a possible carbon monoxide leak, according to Charlotte firefighters.

The hazardous materials situation was reported around 9 p.m. at the mall on Sharon Road. The mall was being evacuated and firefighters were monitoring carbon monixide levels.

Paramedics took four people to a local hospital. More details were not released.

According to WBTV, the Observer’s news partner, several emergency vehicles were parked outside the food court, near Dick’s Sporting Goods. Sirens could be heard going off inside the mall.

Cleve R. Wootson Jr.: 704-358-5046, @CleveWootson

  Comments