If you did any planting in your yard over the weekend, you’ll likely see the showers that are coming our way over the next few days as a reward for your labor.
If you didn’t get outdoors, you’ll have a good chance again this weekend once the showers move out.
The chance for rain will be 20 percent after noon on Monday, with a high around 60 degrees. We’re more likely to see rain on Monday night, when the National Weather Service says the chance for precipitation will be 50 to 80 percent with a low around 50.
Forecasters say we’ll have a 100 percent chance of rain Tuesday and Tuesday night. The high is expected to be just 53 with a low of about 52.
Wednesday should be just as wet but warmer. The chance for precipitation is 90 percent, with a high near 71 and a low around 58 as the rain tapers off.
Sunshine should return on Thursday, along with warmer weather during the day. The high is expected to be around 72 and the low dropping to about 46.
Friday and Saturday should be sunny but cooler. Expect highs in the mid-60s and lows in the low to mid-40s.
Sunday should be another great opportunity to enjoy the outdoors, with a partly sunny sky and a high near 70.
Karen Sullivan: 704-358-5532, @Sullivan_kms