Local

Gastonia motel fire causes $50K in damage

A look at the damage done by the fire at The Red Carpet Inn in Gastonia on Sunday morning.
A look at the damage done by the fire at The Red Carpet Inn in Gastonia on Sunday morning. Gastonia Fire Department

A pre-dawn blaze caused about $50,000 worth of damage to a Gastonia motel on Sunday.

The Gastonia Fire Department responded to the 5:53 a.m. call at The Red Carpet Inn, 1721 Broadcast St., where heavy flames could be seen coming from one of the rooms, department officials said.

Department officials said an electrical malfunction caused the fire in a room that was vacant; adjacent rooms were occupied, but everyone in the building escaped unhurt.

The fire was put out within approximately 10 minutes, authorities said.

Theoden Janes

  Comments