An overturned dump truck has closed South Boulevard near Westinghouse Boulevard on Thursday morning, Observer news partner WBTV reported.
The wreck happened about 9 a.m. Officials have not said when they expect to have the road reopened.
A wreck, meanwhile, is clogging Interstate 77 northbound near Tyvola Road, Exit 5.
The wreck happened at about 9:30 a.m.
Sign Up and Save
Get six months of free digital access to The Charlotte Observer
All lanes are open, but traffic is backed up.
In other traffic news, several uptown streets will be closed because of the Thunder Road Marathon races Friday and Saturday.
Starting at 4 p.m. Friday and continuing until 4 p.m. Saturday, these will be closed:
▪ Mint Street between Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and Fourth Street.
▪ Third Street between Mint Street and Poplar Street.
Starting at 5 a.m. Saturday, these will be closed:
▪ Fourth Street between Graham Street and Poplar Street, reopening at 10 a.m.
▪ Poplar Street between Fourth Street and Third Street, reopening at 4 p.m.
▪ Mint Street, between Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard and Fourth Street, reopening at 5 p.m.
▪ Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard between Graham Street and Church Street, reopening at 4 p.m.