Cooking left unattended caused a fire early Thursday in a home in the 9600 block of Brookmere Lane, off Mount Holly-Huntersville Road, said Capt. Jackie Gilmore of the Charlotte Fire Department.
Two adults and two dogs were displaced by the fire, which caused $15,000 in damages, Gilmore said. No one was injured.
The fire started about 4:15 a.m., and 26 firefighters controlled the blaze in 15 minutes, Gilmore said.
The American Red Cross is helping the displaced adults.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.