WTVI PBS Charlotte is partnering with the League of Women Voters Charlotte-Mecklenburg to host nine debates Feb. 16 featuring some of the candidates running in the March 15 primary election.
The debates will be moderated by PBS Charlotte’s Danielle Kosir, Jeff Rivenbark and Jason Terzis.
PBS Charlotte will broadcast the debates 2-5:30 p.m. Feb. 21.
The debates will be taped on this schedule Feb. 16 and are not open to the public:
▪ 9-9:40 a.m. – Mecklenburg County Commissioners At-Large: Patricia “Pat” Cotham (D), Damiko Faulkner (D), Trevor M. Fuller (D) and Ella Scarborough (D).
▪ 9:45-10:05 a.m. – Mecklenburg County Commissioners – District 2: Lula Dualeh (D), Angela G. Edwards (D) and Vilma D. Leake (D)*.
▪ 10:10-10:30 a.m. – Mecklenburg County Commissioners – District 6: Bill James (R) and Joel Levy (R).
▪ 10:35-10:55 a.m. – N.C. Senate District 40: Nasif Majeed (D) and Joyce Waddell (D).
▪ 11-11:20 a.m. – N.C. House District 100: John Autry (D) and Billy Maddalon (D).
▪ 11:25-11:45 a.m. – N.C. House District 101: Beverly Miller Earle (D) and Steven Jones (D).
▪ 2-2:20 p.m. – N.C. House District 103: Noah Lieberman (D) and Rochelle Rivas (D).
▪ 2:25-2:45** p.m. – U.S. House District 12: Ryan Duffie (R) and Leon Threatt (R).
▪ 2:50-3:20** p.m. – U.S. House District 12: Alma Adams (D), Gardenia Henley (D) and Juan Antonio Marin Jr. (D).
* Candidate declined to debate.
** Tentative schedule.