Local

Sunny, near-normal temperatures in Charlotte Friday

WBTV First Alert Weather forecast for 02.19.16

WBTV meteorologist Al Conklin with The Charlotte Observer weather forecast for Feb. 19, 2016.
Up Next
WBTV meteorologist Al Conklin with The Charlotte Observer weather forecast for Feb. 19, 2016.

The Charlotte area can expect a second day of sunshine with near-normal temperatures Friday.

Friday’s forecast high of 54 degrees is just 2 degrees below normal for Feb. 19.

The weather should warm even more over the weekend, although it could turn cloudy.

Saturday could hit 63 degrees and Sunday 67, before the mercury is forecast to drop again as rain moves into the picture.

Sunday afternoon has a 20 percent chance of showers, Sunday night a 30 percent chance and Monday a 50 percent chance of rain, according to the National Weather Service in Greer, S.C.

Rain chances climb to 70 percent Monday night through Tuesday night, before falling to a 60 percent chance Wednesday and a 30 percent chance Wednesday night, NWS forecasters said.

Highs are expected only to reach 59 Monday, 47 Tuesday and 49 Wednesday, before rising to 51 Thursday under sunny skies.

Joe Marusak: 704-358-5067, @jmarusak

  Comments