The week starts off with clouds and a chance of rain Monday but should be mostly clear and sunny with warm temperatures before clouds move in Friday.
Patchy fog is possible in some areas early Monday, with a 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 3 p.m. The high Monday should be near 78.
The chance for showers increases to 60 percent Monday night, when the low is expected to be around 56, according to the National Weather Service.
Tuesday is expected to be sunny with a high near 80 and a low around 58.
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
Wednesday is likely to be even warmer, with a sunny sky and a high near 82. The low should be around 56, accompanied by a 20 percent chance of rain.
We should begin to get a break from the heat Thursday, with a high near 75, a mostly sunny sky and a low around 48.
That slide into cooler temperatures is expected to continue Friday as a few clouds move in. The high is expected to be around 67 with a low around 46.
The forecast calls for more clouds Saturday, a 40 percent chance of rain and a high of about 63. The chance for rain increases to 60 percent Saturday night with a low around 446.
Sunday is expected to bring a 40 percent chance for rain and a high near 60.
Karen Sullivan: 704-358-5532, @Sullivan_kms