Authorities in Iredell County arrested 15 parents early Saturday who investigators said are chronically behind in paying child support.
“The timing of the operation was selected in hopes that many of the dead beats would be at home in bed on a cold Saturday morning,” Sheriff Darren Campbell said.
“We are trying to send a message, be responsible to your children,” the sheriff said. “Do not leave the burden of providing for your kids on society.”
Those arrested in “Operation Pay-Up” owe a total of $58,983.22, Campbell said. They are:
Digital Access for only $0.99
For the most comprehensive local coverage, subscribe today.
▪ Stephen Lee Staples of Statesville, $5,422.67.
▪ Steven Floyd Fish of Mooresville, $3,000.
▪ Tiffany Amber Mamatuck of Statesville, $3,000.
▪ Brian Stockton of Mooresville, $300.
▪ Laura Ellen Spiva of Troutman, $1,418.
▪ Freddie Lee Davis of Olin, $5,000.
▪ Willie James Phillips of Statesville, $300.
▪ Cornelia Roberta Hickenbotham of Statesville, $6,236.
▪ James Walter Anderson of Statesville, $4,268.14.
▪ Brandon Ashley Shuford, of Statesville, $250.
▪ Franklin Lamont Alexander of Statesville, $3,000.
▪ Phillip Bradley Maddox of Statesville, $15,995.
▪ Joseph Ryan Perry of Statesville, $8,753.
▪ Mark Anthony Mull of Statesville, $1,500.
▪ Derrick Murdock of Statesville, $540.